Thursday, April 15, 2010

Gettin' dirty



Well, we finally did it...got dirty and did some back breaking work. Today is the first day so far that we've done actual gardening. We started out making raised beds for Mona's partner in crime, Carol. Mona just purchased a raised bed machine that forms the bed and puts down plastic over the bed...when I first saw it I thought it seemed kindof extreme- really, why would you spend thousands of dollars on a machine that makes raised garden beds???










                     


  ....Now I know.



Whew... Digging garden beds is a ton of work.






They're fun to play in too...
 


 After we finished the gettin' dirty in the beds we planted some, well not some- a lot- of broccoli and cauliflower in one of the smaller tunnels. After that it was back to construction/carpentry work at Mona's in the tunnels and stick throwing for Belle. Oh, and seeing a very nice sign of spring...wildflowers :)


1 comment:

  1. Carla, I love following your blog. I was talking to friends about the ability to actually living and following through with a dream. Your my hero.CarrieG

    ReplyDelete