Sunday, April 11, 2010

Sunrise, sunset





















The sunrise and sunset in the country really is pretty. I'd forgotten how much of the sunrise is masked by the Wasatch mountains in Salt Lake, but out here you get the full horizon. I suppose you could tire of seeing them after awhile but for now I'll continue to enjoy each one.


We've been doing mostly what feels like construction work this week, finishing up the high tunnels for both Steve and Mona and Carol and Bob. Yesterday the plastic covering was put on the Mitzel's tunnel while we finished putting up rafters, connectors, and baseboards for Carol and Bob.








We worked all day yesterday (Saturday) and were going to work today as well but my body started telling me, 'um seriously...another day of work, it's Sunday- rest before I really start to revolt against you'. So I did. Jake worked away while I napped on a cloudy Sunday in the country. But it felt really nice to take a break and recover from all of the physical labor we've been doing. This week we should start doing more gardening stuff; transplanting, tilling the high tunnel to ready it for planting, more weeding, and other stuff.

But for now I'm gonna eat some nachos, relax with Jake and the dogs, and watch the cows.

1 comment: