Saturday, April 17, 2010

The little things

The past couple of days have really made me think about the little things in life, because they really are what matters. Jake and I were talking and discussing what, besides friends and family, we really missed (granted it's been less than two weeks) and we really couldn't think of much. We really do love what we are doing, there is so much to learn and so many things to do that 'thing's really are just that, they are things that we can do without and still be happy.

That being said I should disclose that we do have our laptops with us, and a camera, and our mountain bikes...and I think I could live without them, but then I couldn't share all of our experiences with you. ;)

Here are a few of the little things that we've been able to see today:





Guinea hens











This little guy is only about 10 minutes old









Here's another little thing that was freaking sweet...


She must have been reading my mind because I was totally craving pizza...Mona got us a Papa Murphy's pizza in Gillette, a mere 60 miles away (but that is where she works as a teacher so she makes that drive Mon-Fri). It was delish!!

 Oh, and we did work too...this is me trying to tell Jake to do something while I'm tilling up soil in one of the high tunnels...wow do I look great...

PS...there is a poll that you should take if you haven't already :)  

1 comment:

  1. What an adventure! Looks like you two are having fun, and working hard!

    ReplyDelete